Sunday, July 1, 2012

Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti

Blurb: CHEW. SWALLOW. CHEW. SWALLOW. DON'T LOOK UP. Lunch is the worst, but there’s no safe place at school for Noelle. Keeping her mortifying home life a secret and trying to ignore the kids who make her life miserable are Noelle’s survival strategies. Her emotionally distant boyfriend, Matt, isn’t the one she really wants to be with. But there’s no way she could ever be with Julian Porter.When Julian starts talking to her, Noelle is terrified. It seems safer to stay with Matt than risk a broken heart. But when the bullying of a friend goes too far, Noelle realizes it’s time to stand up for herself—and for everything that makes her keep holding on.


Review: OMG! I have so much to say about this book! It is by far THE MOST powerful book by Susane Colasanti I have ever read! I felt so many different emotions through-out this book, sometimes even at the same time! Some parts, like when the bullying Noelle receives gets really bad, I was nearly in tears. Other times I was so angry at Noelle's mother that I didn't know what to do with myself and almost threw the book across the room. And then there were moments that I had happy tears in my eyes because the things Noelle's friends do for her is so sweet! While there were some really sad parts of this book that made me not sure if I wanted to read anymore for fear of reading an especially sad part, but I read on, and Yay! I am so glad that I kept reading. The end was so inspiring, and it was so worth my many tears over this book! All in all, a very inspiring read, with a very clear message : Keep Holding On! Susane Colasanti did an awesome job using her own experiences with bullying to make Noelle's story that much better! It was an awesome book that I know I will keep with me for a very long time, and I highly recommend reading it!


Rating: LOVED IT


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.