Saturday, June 9, 2012

When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle

Blurb: WHAT'S IN A NAME, SHAKESPEARE? I'LL TELL YOU: EVERYTHING.
Rosaline knows that she and Rob are destined to be together. Rose has been waiting for years for Rob to kiss her—and when he finally does, it’s perfect. But then Juliet moves back to town. Juliet, who used to be Rose’s best friend. Juliet, who now inexplicably hates her. Juliet, who is gorgeous, vindictive, and a little bit crazy… and who has set her sights on Rob. He doesn’t even stand a chance.
Rose is devastated over losing Rob to Juliet. This is not how the story was supposed to go. And when rumors start swirling about Juliet’s instability, her neediness, and her threats of suicide, Rose starts to fear not only for Rob’s heart, but also for his life. Because Shakespeare may have gotten the story wrong, but we all still know how it ends…


Review: Believe it or not, I have actually never seen Romeo & Juliet. Or read the book, either. I guess my English teacher will make us study it sometime, though. Me not knowing the story of Romeo & Juliet, except the basics (such as they fell in love and then died), this was a new topic for me. But I loved it! There were moments when I was like OMG! What's gonna happen now?!? and also times when I was Oh no she didn't! which just made me want to read it more! I loved the romance and how it made me have to think about it because I didn't now what way the story was going to go! All in all, an awesome book with great characters and I will definitely be reading more by this author!


Rating: LOVED IT



0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.